- 1.1. The following terms and conditions apply to the whole of our (Bluestone Leasing Limited - BSL) websites.
- 1.2. BSL owns the copyright and any other rights in all material on this site other than any Parliamentary material, third party stock images (such as photographs) and other material as indicated.
- 1.3. You may print and download extracts from this site on the following conditions:
- 1.3.1. The documents and related graphics on this site are for personal use or for use within an individual firm or organisation; any copies of these pages that you save to disk or to any other storage medium may (subject to the exception referred to at 1.3.4 below) only be used for subsequent personal viewing purposes or for viewing within the firm or organisation by which they were saved or stored.
- 1.3.2. Any extracts which are printed may only be used for personal viewing – or for viewing within the firm or organisation by which they were printed (subject only to the exception referred to at 1.3.4 below).
- 1.3.3 Neither pages saved to disk or stored in any way, nor extracts printed, may (subject to the exception referred to at 1.3.4 below) be distributed to third parties or sold or otherwise circulated for profit.
- 1.3.4. The only permitted exception to the general rules stated in clauses 1.3.1 to 1.3.3 above is where extracts (of no more than a few relevant provisions) are copied to individual third parties incidental to advice or other activities.
- 1.3.5. No documents or related graphics on this site are to be modified in any way.
- 1.3.6. Graphics on this site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text.
- 1.3.7. The source of our material should be acknowledged in all copies, either by appropriate words or by adding the BSL copyright symbol.
- 1.4. You must not reproduce or store any part of this site in any other website or include it in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service, without our prior written permission.
- 1.4.1 You must not use data from this site to provide a data feed to any comparison table or any website.
- 1.5. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
- 1.6. The Parliamentary copyright material on this website, relating to the legislative history of the Financial Services and Markets Act, is reproduced with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office on behalf of Parliament.
- 1.7. Photographs of senior staff of the BSL (the Executive Photographs) are made available on this site and may be reproduced under the following licence on the terms specified.
- 1.7.1. The BSL grants this licence to firms and other readers, including journalists. Any of the Executive Photographs may be reproduced in any publication, whether or not sold or otherwise circulated for profit, on the following terms and conditions.
- 1.7.2. No photograph is to be modified in any way.
- 1.7.3. Reproduction of any of this material, whether on paper or electronically, is subject to the condition that any document or publication in which this material is displayed does not:
- in any way imply that the BSL is endorsing a firm, journal or publication or any particular products, services or communications
- present false information concerning the BSL
- contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial
- infringe any intellectual property or other rights of any person or otherwise not comply with any relevant law or regulation
- 2.1. While we try to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if, for any reason, the site is unavailable for any period of time.
- 2.2. Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
- 3.1. We try to ensure that the information on this site is correct, but we do not give any express or implied warranty as to its accuracy. We do not accept any liability for error or omission.
- 3.2. We are not liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
- 3.3. Part of this site contains material sent to us by third parties. These third parties are responsible for ensuring that the material they submit to us complies with national and relevant foreign law. We are not responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in the material. We reserve the right to omit, suspend or edit any material submitted.
- 3.4. The materials on this site do not constitute financial or other professional advice. You should consult your professional adviser if you require financial advice.
- 3.5. This website offers links to other sites – they enable you to leave the BSL site. We do not control the linked sites and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. We provide these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of the site.
- 4.1. By accessing any part of this site, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms in full.
- 4.2. These terms are governed by and interpreted in line with English law.
- 5.1. We (Bluestone Leasing Limited - BSL) receive personal information through this website. You may, for example, be asked for personal information if you want to take advantage of specific services that we offer, such as ordering online or subscribing to our publications.
- 5.2. Where you provide personal information, we will only use it to deliver the services you have requested.
- 5.4. The BSL sites do not automatically capture or store personal information, other than logging your IP address and session information such as how long your visit lasted and the type of browser used. This is recognised by the web server and is only used for system administration and to provide statistics, which we use to evaluate how the site is used.
- 5.5. This policy does not cover links within this site to other websites.
- 6.1. Cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use our site, which is then used to help improve the site. The information collected includes the number of site visitors, where visitors come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- 6.3. For more information about cookies (including how to turn them off) please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) regulates the use of personal data – essentially any information about identifiable living individuals. As a data controller under the Act, we must comply with its requirements.
The records covered by the Act include all computer records and, since 1 January 2005, the Freedom of Information Act has extended the type of paper files that come within the Act for public bodies such as the BSL. So that any personal data kept in a paper file is now covered.
The Act's eight principles establish enforceable standards for obtaining, holding, using or disclosing information. The Act also requires appropriate security arrangements to be in place to protect personal data and gives individuals the right to access personal information held about them.
As part of our statutory obligations, we are required to register, or 'notify' the Information Commissioner annually of any processing of personal information. The notification covers all BSL activities that involve processing personal information. For more on this, please see our current notification on the Information Commissioner's website: BSL Notification to the Information Commissioner.
What personal information does the BSL hold?
We collect and use certain types of information about people we deal with as part of our regulatory functions. These include individuals within the regulated community, those who are proposing to join the regulated community and those who may have dealings with the regulated community, our own employees, suppliers and others we conduct business with. In addition, we may occasionally be required by law to collect and use certain types of information to comply with the requirements of government departments.
Under the Act you have the right to access your personal information (subject to certain exemptions). If you wish to find out what information, if any, we hold – or are processing – that relates to you, please email the BSL firstname.lastname@example.org. A charge of £10 is made for these requests.
Bluestone Leasing Limited
Company No: 02519389
VAT Registration: 895 2334 95
FCA: Bluestone Leasing Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is FRN 663701. Bluestone Leasing Limited is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Our permissions and other information can be verified by visiting https://register.fca.org.uk/